Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tri-Polish Challenge-August #3-Dragons in the Roses

Happy Heat Wave here! Summer is back, as expected at the end of August in the US.
My hot polishes for this month's Tri-Polish Challenge are A. England BriarRose, Zoya Pippa, and A. England Dragon.
This time I am only using the two A. Englands.
I have loved the Reciprocal Gradient since I first saw it this spring, so I was looking forward to trying this.
I dunno.
Maybe next time I will use more contrasting colors. These are too close in value.
I painted on one coat of Briar Rose, then painted a swipe of  Briar Rose and Dragon next to each other on a sponge, then sponged the colors on. After letting them dry for a bit, I put manicure tape on. Then more polish on the sponge and more dabbing on, but in the opposite direction.

After some half-hearted cleanup, I topped it off with Seche Vite.

Next time will be better. And there WILL be a next time. This isn't as clean as I would want. Next time I think I will use just a small piece of sponge and dab them on separately. That will make for better color saturation and more precise application.

I wonder what the other Tarts are doing today. Let's take a look in the links below.

Adios!
~~Lizajane

No comments:

Post a Comment