Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Darling Diva Chandelle and L'Oreal Creme de Mint

I had fun coming up with this manicure!
Chandelle had been calling to me the past few days, but I didn't know what to pair it with. I knew I wanted to use the new L'Oreals but Julep Amber was looking very nice with it, too.
So I asked my hubby.
Super helpful guy that he is, he deferred at first saying that it would be like him asking me whether he should use 7 1/2 or 8 size shot in his reloads. Boy was he surprised when I came up with an answer with a real reason behind it! So he thought about it a few seconds  and said that since I don't much like gold, I should do the green. That's my guy! Even if I don't think he pays attention, after almost 30 years, some things have sunk in!

I put down two coats of Creme de Mint, then one of Chandelle. Then on all but the ring finger, I added one more of Creme de Mint-jelly sandwich!
The shrinkage tells you, even if I didn't, that I topped it all off with Seche Vite. Even on the accent fingers, that was enough to pretty much make it smooth.
In the indirect sunlight here, you can really tell the difference that last coat of Creme de Mint made. It toned everything down, almost hiding those tiny golden flecks.

Everything applied very nicely. I can't wait to play more with the L'Oreals. Such a fun collection-I picked up all but the pink and blue at Walgreens when they had a buy one-get one half off sale a few weeks ago. The red and orange are SO CLEAR and jelly like, the rest are just a bit milky or cloudy.

Adios!
~~Lizajane



No comments:

Post a Comment