Saturday, June 15, 2013

Koi!

I received my plate order from Messy Mansion this week and I couldn't wait to use one of them (the other is a Christmas plate, so I can wait with that one.) Messy Mansion is an Australian company and one of their things is that they donate part of their profit to woman-centric charities. This month it went to Hamlin Fistula Hospital. Scroll down here to see what they have to say about the hospital.


I started out with my usual base coat of OPI Nail Envy Matte, then put down two coats of L'Oreal Mango Mamma. I Seche-d my ring fingers, and then stamped using the Koi images and Wet & Wild Ebony Hates Chris. People were right when they recommended that polish, so far it is my best black stamper, thanks! Reading up on this plate, someone recommended double scraping to get a bit more polish out, because the images are deeply engraved, so I did that and I am very happy with how they transferred.

I used my dotting tool and Zoya Ziv to give the Koi a few gold scales, and then topped it off with another coat of Mango Mamma (hate that spelling, btw. In my head I pronounce it like "Ma'am Ah.)

One more coat of the orange on the rest of the nails, some Seche Vite, and we were good to go (to bed).

I did these nails Tuesday night. Wednesday I worked at the desk, so clerical all day. Thursday I did my normal patient care job, Friday afternoon I said that I was very happy with how it was wearing. An hour later, I had a chip in it. Doncha just hate it when that happens?
I am very happy with both the polish and the plate.
I am excited to try out the other images on the plate-particularly the architecture one, I see Oz in its spires!
And the formula on this polish was very nice, stayed right where I put it. Very happy with this collection, and I think I have to go back and pick up the blue one-I skipped it because I have Revlon Royal, but this is a lighter blue and it doesn't become opaque in two coats like I find Royal does.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Adios!
~~Lizajane

No comments:

Post a Comment