Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day, 2013

It's evening now, so I can't even use the Irish greeting Top O' Th' Mornin' To You!
Well, I can, and I did, but it isn't the most appropriate at 5:30 in the evening.

Posting this later than I would have liked, but real life got in the way.
Yesterday was the baby shower for Daughter Number Two-yes, you may remember the other daughter's shower during the Flip Flop February Challenge. I am SO glad that all these are done! Now just to wait for the babies to show up!

I took off Friday's chipping mani before I started the food prep Saturday morning, and ended up just wearing a coat of OPI Matte Nail Envy on my stained nails. I doubt anyone noticed. I keep telling myself that no one noticed.

After the shower, I touched up the two nails that needed it, put down a base layer of Zoya Purity, then put on a fun green glitter, Vivid Lacquer's Shiny New Australia, from her Evil Collection of Evil. Because of the white unders, you could see that from across the room in the dark. I am only embellishing a little. No way would I have been able to wear that to church, especially since choir ended up singing up front for a couple songs. I went back to my Melmer and dug out Zoya Frida, and with that application, I ended up with a fun St. Paddy's Day mani!





The sun was out after church, so I grabbed a quick sunshine picture!
Look at those micro-flakeys in there! I think that is Anni's signature touch!

(Gee, can we call the Seche Vite shrinkage my signature touch?)

May the the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand
.


And as my Sullivan Grandmother taught my mother, Good Night, Sleep Tight, Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite!

~~Lizajane 

No comments:

Post a Comment