Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tri-Polish Challenge-April 2013-Third Manicure

Welcome, Tarts and Others with Hearts!
Can you believe that this seventh installment of the Tri-Polish Challenge is already here?

For this one I tried my first freehand stripe mani! (Those who know me in real life know that I LOVE new things! Definitely a process knitter!)
I put down a base color coat of the Salon Perfect (I think the name is Light My Fire, but don't quote me on that) and then knowing that Disco Biscuit is a bit sheer, I put down two wider stripes of white (free color!), topping them with the pink.
Next, two stripes of Charla, and then I ended up with the outside stripes in black (another free color!).







I was OK with how it turned out, but I a) have to improve my freehand skills, b) use a smaller brush, c) clean up better, and d) relax! It's art, not science! (And even the science I do at work involves a certain amount of flexibility, chill Liza!)


Now that I have done this once, I can totally see doing it again, but probably in a single color family or on a white background.


Thanks for looking today, and don't forget to check out the other manis shared by Tarts-see the Inlinkz below.



Adios!
~~Lizajane






No comments:

Post a Comment