Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tri-Polish Challenge-May #3

Happy Tuesday!
Yesterday was Memorial Day in the USA, so I did a mani in honor of that. The color choices worked out great for it.



I put down a base color of Zoya Elisa (my red choice of the month) and then tried out a stamping image for half moons. I have had this Vivid Lacquer plate for quite a while and hadn't tried the half moons-there are two on plate VL005, as well as a solid one on VL002. I stamped with Zoya Song (my blue choice of the month.)

If you look closely, you can see there are stars in that moon!

After stamping, I outlined the half moon with my silver striper and then put lines out, like a shield.
I really like the way this turned out, more than the alternative which I tried on my thumb, reversing the two colors.



The red didn't show up as well on the blue. Well, probably it fell down when I tried to use the silver striper to fill in the stars. Live and learn, that is why we experiment, right?

Thank you to all who have served their countries, in any capacity. Personally, few of my relatives have been to war. Both grandfathers served stateside in WWII, Dad was stateside Army, hubby Coast Guard, cousin Coast Guard currently. I guess we have just been lucky.

Take a look at what the other Tarts have come up with using their Gray, Red, and Blue polish choices.

Adios!
~~Lizajane

No comments:

Post a Comment