Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Untried Polish Challenge-Ugliest

Someone who isn't into polish might ask why one would have a polish one would classify as ugly. They just don't understand.
This was included in a collection, and I liked at least three of the eight, and have regretted not picking up other collections, so this, I bought the whole thing (in minis).
This is a skittle mani, since I didn't know what it would look good over, but I knew from my swatch stick that it would need unders of some sort.
Black, orange, copper, nude, (and white on the thumb).
Now that I have this on, it isn't that bad. It is a warm beige jelly with red, orange, copper and blue glitters in it.
I used three coats over each base color, and Seche Vite to top coat it-I think this collection (Evil League of Evil from Vivid Lacquer) is mostly a rubbery finish, and that is appealing less and less to me.

This is really surprising me, because I thought this would be an "apply and remove immediately" manicure, but I think I will keep it on for work, it mellowed together enough that the skittle isn't bothering me.

Thanks Jo for including this prompt, because I would never have tried this one without it, and now I am looking forward to fall when the colors will be more appropriate.

Take a look at the other bloggers who are doing this challenge, you might find something that you love!
Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Amy at Fancy Side
 Blueberry Pie at Blueberry Nails
Kristina at Lacquer Fetish
Missy at Gnarly Gnails
Uni at Acetone FIles
Isabel at Little Fairy
Raux at Raux Polish
Alison at UKNailRunner 

Adios!
~~Lizajane

1 comment:

  1. "Someone who isn't into polish might ask why one would have a polish one would classify as ugly. They just don't understand."

    YES! agreed! Great choice btw - I like it over the white best - that color is so caramelly!

    ReplyDelete