Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tri-Polish Challenge-May #4

Fourth issue of the May 2013 Tri-Polish Challenge presented by Crumpet's Nail Tarts!
If you are unfamiliar with the TPC, each month we are told three colors, and then we have to select a polish to represent each color. We then do four manicures with those colors-at least one has to have all three colors, up to three can have only two of the month's colors. We also are allowed to use black, white, silver, gold, and glitter top coat.

May's colors are Red, Blue, and Gray.
My selections!

For my fourth mani, I decided to do more stamping. I used the Butterfly wing image from Vivid Lacquer. She has both a larger and a smaller wing design (on two different plates) and I used the smaller, because nubbins.

First I put down a coat of a white, and then sponged over it with Elisa and Song.

I stamped using Zoya Raven, and I was disappointed by the coverage. I had hoped that this would be my Holy Grail of black stamping polishes, but it was not. (I bought yesterday Wet & Wild Fast Dry "Ebony Hates Chris" which has been highly recommended.) Because the coverage wasn't sufficient, I took my cut down nail art brush and went over the lines with more Raven.


I love how this turned out! The plate's etching is great, and the artwork has more graceful lines than certain other plates I have seen, plus I didn't have to try to do it by hand!
Check out the other Tart's May Wrap Up manicures by following the links below.

Adios!
~~Lizajane




No comments:

Post a Comment