Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Flip Flop February-Day 12

Day 12 of Jilltastic Nail Design's Flip/Flop February 28 Day Challenge gives us our choice of either doing a Drip manicure or a Matte manicure.
I chose to do matte, but I fancied it up a bit with a shiny French!
I applied two coats of Zoya Fei Fei, a coat of Seche Vite (for wearability), then matted it with NYC Matte Me Crazy top coat, and as a final touch, I added a funky french with Wet and Wild Toxic Apple.
Toxic Apple is from Halloween 2012, and people say that it is a dupe for OPI Russian Navy (or is it Ink? I'm not sure.)
This may be a simple manicure, but it, like Day 8's Color Blocking, was one of the first cool manicures I fell in love with when I first started doing my nails constantly.
And like Day 8, this is the first time I actually accomplished it!
What was I waiting for?!?!?!?
I love this look!
I tried stamping with matte over shiny for Talk Like A Pirate Day last September, but it ended up being too subtle, apparently shiny over matte works better!

Take a minute and look at the other participants-Jill gave us such great prompts, everyone is getting so creative!

Adios!
Lizajane~~



No comments:

Post a Comment