Friday, February 15, 2013

Flip Flop February-Day 15

Welcome to the second half of Jilltastic Nail Design's Flip/Flop February 28 Day Challenge!
Top of the second column!
Today's options are Stamping and Jelly Sandwich.
I chose to do Jelly Sandwich because I do quite a bit of stamping (there is some coming up in a few days!) but I also love to explore the combinations you can get with Jelly Sandwiches.
In case you don't know, a Jelly Sandwich manicure is when you put down a semi-opaque nail polish (known as a Jelly) base, then a coat or more of a glitter, and then top that off with more Jelly.
This gives it a nice squishy look!
I know that mine doesn't exactly match that description, because I put a solid color down first-my preferred method-and then followed the Jelly Sandwich "recipe".
Not as squishy, but I like it fine!
This is a base of China Glaze Starboard, a nice medium green with just a hint of grey, then the glitter is OPI Pirouette My Whistle, one of the most versatile glitters I have seen with medium and very fine silver glitters, and then I topped it off with the Jelly, Zoya's Frida, another green.
Frida is part of an all jelly trio that Zoya put out last summer. I picked up Frida and Katherine right away, and finally got Paloma with their New Year's promotion.
Zoya has LOADS of promotions, they are very generous!

I really like this manicure-very squishy and it also moved two polishes from my untried column to my tried column in my spreadsheet!

Be sure to check out what the other participants are doing for today's challenge prompt!

Adios!
Lizajane~~

No comments:

Post a Comment